bookmark importer disabled Opera 19

• Trying to migrate from v12 to v19:
    More tools -> bookmark importer is disabled...any ideas?
    Also how do I get passwords and user profile imported?

Must say...right now I'm a very frustrated long-time Opera user. This isn't working as seamlessly as I would have hoped.

Thanks

• Originally posted by mraph33:

More tools -> bookmark importer is disabled...any ideas?

Is opera://bookmark-importer working?

Originally posted by mraph33:

Also how do I get passwords and user profile imported?

It should have been done when you installed Opera 19. It as a clean install? do you have Opera 12.16 installed on default folder?

You can start Opera 19 with the parameter "--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" to import your Opera 12.16 profile.

• Thanks Leo...but what does this mean? how do I do that?

Originally posted by LeoCG:

You can start Opera 19 with the parameter "--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" to import your Opera 12.16 profile.

• Originally posted by LeoCG:

opera://bookmark-importer

This opens a window but there are no bookmarks to imports

And I still have Opera 12 on my conputer

This opens a window but there are no bookmarks to import

First you should see this screen, where you choose where you want to import them — either to the Speed Dial or to the Bookmarks Bar.

Choose the Bookmarks Bar to get this:

As you see here, two folders have already been imported, three more have not.

• Hi Pescala,
    I understand that is what I SHOULD see....but I don't see that. I get the same window but with no bookmarks to import.

but what does this mean? how do I do that?

Creat a shortcut of launcher.exe. Then right-click on that shortcut properties and on the "destination" field add "--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" without the quotes. And don't forget to use the correct path to Opera 12.16 profile.

Run Opera from that shortcut and it should import your profile. Warning: you may lost your Opera 19 profile.

• Hi Leo,
    By "destination" you mean "target" right? Or is there another field that I'm unaware of?

So this is my target now:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe" --presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR

Ran it, still no change.

• The text in capitals: "ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" must be replaced with your profile directory:

In Opera 12.16, Open the Help menu, About Opera to find the profile folder and replace "ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" with that. In my case it is like this:

C:\Users\Bhikkhu Pesala\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera

• I understand now Pesala...thanks....I got the bookmarks.
    But I still don't have my logins/passwords

By "destination" you mean "target" right? Or is there another field that I'm unaware of?

Nope, i guess Target i sthe right one. Sorry, my OS is not in english so i had to translate the field name and maybe i've not found the best one.

About the passwords, they were not imported? Or they just don't work well?

• Yes..thanks Leo. I got the bookmarks in.
    And about the password manager, I guess its just not working well. I see now that there are lots of threads about it, so I'm not going to open up another one. Thanks for your help

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.