Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

bookmark importer disabled Opera 19

• Trying to migrate from v12 to v19:
    More tools -> bookmark importer is disabled...any ideas?
    Also how do I get passwords and user profile imported?

Must say...right now I'm a very frustrated long-time Opera user. This isn't working as seamlessly as I would have hoped.

Thanks

• Originally posted by mraph33:

More tools -> bookmark importer is disabled...any ideas?

Is opera://bookmark-importer working?

Originally posted by mraph33:

Also how do I get passwords and user profile imported?

It should have been done when you installed Opera 19. It as a clean install? do you have Opera 12.16 installed on default folder?

You can start Opera 19 with the parameter "--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" to import your Opera 12.16 profile.

• Thanks Leo...but what does this mean? how do I do that?

Originally posted by LeoCG:

You can start Opera 19 with the parameter "--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" to import your Opera 12.16 profile.

• Originally posted by LeoCG:

opera://bookmark-importer

This opens a window but there are no bookmarks to imports

And I still have Opera 12 on my conputer

This opens a window but there are no bookmarks to import

First you should see this screen, where you choose where you want to import them — either to the Speed Dial or to the Bookmarks Bar.

Choose the Bookmarks Bar to get this:

As you see here, two folders have already been imported, three more have not.

• Hi Pescala,
    I understand that is what I SHOULD see....but I don't see that. I get the same window but with no bookmarks to import.

but what does this mean? how do I do that?

Creat a shortcut of launcher.exe. Then right-click on that shortcut properties and on the "destination" field add "--presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" without the quotes. And don't forget to use the correct path to Opera 12.16 profile.

Run Opera from that shortcut and it should import your profile. Warning: you may lost your Opera 19 profile.

• Hi Leo,
    By "destination" you mean "target" right? Or is there another field that I'm unaware of?

So this is my target now:
    "C:\Program Files (x86)\Opera\launcher.exe" --presto-small-prefs-dir=ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR

Ran it, still no change.

• The text in capitals: "ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" must be replaced with your profile directory:

In Opera 12.16, Open the Help menu, About Opera to find the profile folder and replace "ROAMING_PROFILE_DIR" with that. In my case it is like this:

C:\Users\Bhikkhu Pesala\AppData\Roaming\Opera\Opera

• I understand now Pesala...thanks....I got the bookmarks.
    But I still don't have my logins/passwords

By "destination" you mean "target" right? Or is there another field that I'm unaware of?

Nope, i guess Target i sthe right one. Sorry, my OS is not in english so i had to translate the field name and maybe i've not found the best one.

About the passwords, they were not imported? Or they just don't work well?

• Yes..thanks Leo. I got the bookmarks in.
    And about the password manager, I guess its just not working well. I see now that there are lots of threads about it, so I'm not going to open up another one. Thanks for your help