Can I change my username?

• My thoughts as well ... when you have no history besides this question, there's no real difference between registering again and just ignoring the old user name versus actually changing it.

• As I'm Russian, I can see the username is read "hacktus".
    Just so you know.

I guess the thread stays - one thing a certain user, another thing is the question.

• So... If you think that I can't have a good reason, then I must explain.
    There is some facts why I want change username instead of creating new account:

• This account was registered many years ago. I think registration date was broken after "my opera" was closed and then was set when I updated profile for using new Opera Sync in Opera Dev
    • I have a lot of data in old version of Opera Sync - Opera Link. So I want to retrieve it when developers will make some sort of migration for end-user.
    • I have extension named "Point+" on this account in Opera Extensions repository.
    • I don't want to see my old temporary nickname in the network anymore

I think these reasons are enough to close second question and return to the first: can I somehow change my username?

The question was if a user could change his/her current account's username, if I understood correctly

Not at all. I consider the option to write to the support. But I though it would be good to write question here at first.

I can see the username is read "hacktus".

Так и есть :) Старый временный ник.

Thank you.

• The short answer is no. We provide no easy way to do this and the current system was not designed for usernames to be changed on the fly.

A handful of employees have had their usernames changed at one point or another (five years back I was ruaric) but this is not without problems. My colleague aeyoun had no end of problems when he had it done. Then again, I encountered no problems whatsoever.

• Can I write to the support asking to move my data to the new account?

• ...Or we could have screennames - like we did on MyOpera...

• ...Or we could have screennames - like we did on MyOpera...

Sounds like a sort of solution. But I think nobody will make this feature.

• Wonderful...SO...all of my old account data (sync) is gone...but my primary email address is still tied to this username I DON'T want.

The username can't be changed, and if I understand correctly, my email address will not be permitted to be used for a new account, even after the account is FULLY deleted (3 week inactive 'hold' has expired).

If that's correctcorrect, then I'm stuck with either a username I don't want, or having to permanently use a different email.

Is that REALLY correct?

• I want to change my user name.my name is Ballav Muduli.but user name relates to my x Girlfriend and I don't her name to be remember.
    can I reset my username??

• It's not possible to change username.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.