Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Stash doesn't work anymore

• Your Stash links should be automatically imported into the bookmarks if you switch to using them instead of Stash.
    I think they should appear in "unsorted bookmarks".
    🙂

• No, they are not. The sync stop at the moment when I do the opera://flags bookmark manipulation (when Opera 25 goes out).
    But I manage to do it with installing an old version of opera 24 and raw importing my stash in the repertory.

• Your button to add to the stash or speed dial works ?

Crap, it won't let me add to Stash. I really liked stash. Was a great temporary spot for some temp websites for me.

I don't need a bookmark mgr of any sort. Everything is in speeddials or on my bookmark bar.

• Hi @yeagermach1, you can try this workaround: close the Opera, go to your Opera's profile folder (find the path in O-Menu > About Opera > Paths > Profile), open the "Local State" file in your text editor, find the line, that contains: "stash_imported": true, and replace "true" with "false", save the changes, close the file, and relaunch the Opera, then press Ctrl+Shift+B, and navigate to the "Unsorted bookmarks" folder - you should see there all Stash items 😉

Hi @rif, you can still add a website to the Stash in two ways: right-click on the page, and select "Add to Stash" from the context menu, or press: Alt, p, s 😉

• Hi @rif, you can still add a website to the Stash in two ways: right-click on the page, and select "Add to Stash" from the context menu, or press: Alt, p, s 😉

Thanks for that advice. Hope I can keep Stash!

• Just got updated to
    Version: 26.0.1656.60

I no longer have Speeddial Stash Discover on the top of my speeddial page. Can't access bookmarks at all. Any ideas? I can still right click and add to stash or speeddial.

• Your stash should appear in your unsorted bookmarks. I understand your feelings about Stash. I miss it as well. Have you see this:

http://www.makeuseof.com/tag/opera-my-way-to-store-organise-and-share-bookmarks/

It's not quite the same but it can be used in a similar fashion.

• Hi @rif, if you want to continue to use the Stash, then go to the address bar, and type opera:flags#webui-navigation-bar, then select "Default (disabled)" and restart the Opera.

In case that you want to try new BM feature, make sure that opera:flags#bookmarks is set to "Default (enabled)", after that you can find the Stash items in the "Unsorted bookmarks" folder on the BM page (Ctrl+Shift+B) - in case, that they are not there, try this workaround: close the Opera, go to your Opera's profile folder (find the path in O-Menu>About Opera>Paths>Profile), open the "Local State" file in your text editor, find the line, that contains: "stash_imported": true, and replace "true" with "false", save the changes, close the file, and relaunch the Opera, then go to the "Unsorted bookmarks" again 😉

• Hi @rif, if you want to continue to use the Stash, then go to the address bar, and type opera:flags#webui-navigation-bar, then select "Default (disabled)" and restart the Opera.

Got updated to Opera 27. Stash is gone. The above moves the Speeddial, Bookmarks, Discover from the bottom to the top.

I loved Stash.

• Well, seems the devs can't win. 'Cause the reason Stash went away is because everyone screamed bloody murder about bookmarks being replaced with the Stash and how they wanted bookmarks back.