Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Browser authentication

• I'm having trouble with Wolverhampton Univerity's Library and Wolf Intranet as I keep having to re enter my id and password every 20 minutes or so. The system tells me I need to activate Browser Authentication so that this is done automatically. How does one do this in Opera?

• You need to provide us with what Opera you're using.

• 25.0 64 bit

• 25.0 64 bit

Which OS? And what is browser authentication?

• I'm on Windows 8.1. and as for browser authentication I've no idea that's why I'm asking the question in the first place! If you don't know then I fear you can't help

• It may be a cookie/settings issue in your browser. If you go to
    http://www.wlv.ac.uk/about-us/governance/legal-information/cookies/ , you will find some Wolverhampton cookies (visitor, athens, ti, oaid, oaid_*) that are used to "keep track of whether you have authenticated to use our electronic resources". The sessionid3045 and lastaccesstime3045 cookies contain session id and a session-timer/re-login functionality. If something is interfering either with the cookies being set or being renewed as needed, then that may be causing a 're-authentication' issue. I was unable to find any Wolverhampton online materials that specified "acceptable" browser brands/versions for interacting with their site, but it might also be worth contacting their IT department somehow to explore that.