Opera Private tabs close whenever switch apps.
onzuzxex last edited by
I recently installed Opera in Android phone. Its fine, great to use.
My only issue is that whenever I have private tabs open and I switch to another app, or the phone's screen goes dark/timesout, all the private tabs close.
Is this normal (the automatic closing of private tabs) for Opera? or just on my phone?
My wish is for private tabs stay open on return, even when left in the background/minimised for hours.
At the moment I can't check my emails, go to maps, check the music player, etc, without loosing the private tabs (have to restart private mode and reopen websites).
- Version of Android: 10
- Phone model and manufacturer: Moto g7 Power, Motorola
- Your version of Opera for Android: 75.0.3978.72220
- If the problem is with a page: occurs with any website.
- If ad-blocker is enabled or not: enabled
- If data savings is enabled or not: disabled
- Steps to (try to) reproduce the issue: open any website in private tab (eg theguardian.com); switch to another app (Opera is now in background); return to Opera: private tab is gone, only normal tabs present.
- Expected behaviour: open website in private tab; switch to another app (Opera is now in background); return to Opera and Private tab(s) should still be present.
topcatldn last edited by
I've had the same problem repeatedly with Opera private tabs for over a year now. Every time I switch to some other app like 'Album' or even view my phone contacts, all the private tabs get closed. The same thing also keeps happening every time I start charging my phone. While the phone's charging, the private tabs get closed and I have to reopen new tabs, which is a right pain.
I'm on Android on a Sony Xperia phone.
Dorainx last edited by
Hi everyone, I also got this issue, opera android app always restart in background in few days, lost my private tabs, do you all have a method yet? My phone is fold 5, thank you.