Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

[Opera 25] Why bookmark import is not working?

• I cannot find import and export in Opera 25 bookmarks.

• There isn't any. You will find bookmark import in Opera 26.

• Thanks for the info.

• In the mean time, if you saved your bookmarks as a *.adr file (Try searching your computer for *.adr), just copy or rename it to "opera.html". Then open that file, and bookmark it. You will be able to see all your old bookmarks!

I don't work for opera - I'm just someone who played until I got something to sort of work, because I was desperate. The *.adr files aren't really *.html files, but they can be read by most browsers.

It would be very hard to simply import it to the current Opera 25 - because the old bookmarks were hierarchal, meaning that you could have nested sub-folders, whereas the Opera 25 bookmark page doesn't seem to be.

But I look forward to Opera 26, for this.

• I forgot to say - if you don't know how to open a file on your computer, its different than in older operas:

If the file is on drive c:, you can find it by

1. Put "file:///C:/" in the opera address bar.
    2. Hit Enter.
    3. Navigate your way to the file.

BTW, creating a bookmark to your old bookmarks doesn't import the old bookmarks - just lets you see them.

Good luck!