Twitter gives me a "Something went wrong. Try to reload." error message on a clean install of Opera and Opera GX
corenelson last edited by
I've just finished installing a clean copy of Windows in to an NVME SSD.
After installing all of the drivers and extra software, I've just finished installing Opera GX, and after syncing my data, I noticed that Twitter gives me this error:
I already tried the following methods:
- Reloading the page.
- Opening the page on a "Private Mode" tab.
- Trying to log in through the "Messengers" section on the sidebar.
- Clearing all of the cookies.
- Clearing the "Site and Data" permissions on Twitter specifically.
- Creating a clean profile folder/directory.
- Uninstalling and installing the browser completely.
- Installing "vanilla" Opera and retrying everything of the above.
I've just checked on Microsoft Edge, Chrome and Firefox, and I've managed to sign in on all of those browsers. The only browsers where I'm having issues trying to use Twitter are on both Opera and Opera GX.
I'm pretty certain that I've tried pretty much everything that I'm supposed to do in this kind of situation. Could any of you guys help me out with this issue?
darkwolf360 last edited by
Same problem here and I try all those but nothing works
burnout426 Volunteer last edited by burnout426
Quite a few users have reported this. I can't confirm myself though. Twitter loads fine and I can log in fine.
You can try going to https://twitter.com/settings/sessions in another browser and choosing "log out of all other sessions" to see if it helps.
If you get a chance, temporarily install Opera on someone else's computer and test if Twitter loads there and you can log in.
Another thing try try would be to temporarily create a new user account (local user only that's not tied to a Microsoft account) on Windows and log in it to test if the issue happens there too.
burnout426 Volunteer last edited by
You can hit ctrl + shift + j to load the error console to see if there are any errors for Twitter. Maybe one of the error messages will reveal something.
In the developer tools, you can switch to the network tab, check "disable cache", and hit ctrl + r to reload the twitter page to test if the network log shows any errors.
Also in the developer tools, you can hit the 3 dots at the top right, goto "more tools", choose "network conditions", turn of the use of the default user agent and then set Opera to identify as Chrome or Firefox. Then, ctrl + r to reload the page again to test if that helps.
You can also test with Opera's VPN on to test if that makes a difference.