:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Opera dictionary

• I'm a bit weary from typing words about Opera bugs/screw-ups over the years, and also I'm kind of stupid about how all this stuff works, so I hope I don't irritate anyone with this question, but...

Is the Opera dictionary down? I'm talking about the function in which a user highlights a word on a web page then clicks "Dictionary" in the right-click menu.

I'm not even sure what I mean by "is it down," because now that I think about it, I don't even know exactly how the whole "Dictionary" thing even worked. I just know that for many years, I've been able to successfully right-click words and land upon their definitions, and now I'm getting a "Connection closed by remote server" message when I do it.

• To avoid irritating people, don't assume that Opera is to blame for your problems.

Maybe you “screwed-up?” Merriam websters opens fine for me from Opera 11.64 and 12.16.

:idea: If you put your OS and other details in your forum signature, it saves us asking, and saves you repeating yourself.

• I've just teste here and it opened Wikitionary.

• I get Merriam-Webster dictionary just fine with my Opera 12.14.

• I got bing translator here :insane: :no:

• Originally posted by serious:

I got bing translator here

I get Bing Translator if i use one of the translation options.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.