Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

Hello, in order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we have to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button in the upper-right corner of the page.
This is a one-time action. Sorry for any inconvenience!

Google is in German

• My default google search is google.de when I want it to be google.co.uk. I cannot find any option in the settings to reconfigure this. Any suggestions?

• NuOpera?

In OleOpera (Presto) it's easy.
    Correction: in my as-if-localised 11.63, I get "www.google.com", but the interface is in Russian by default (though I AM logged in and my account's language set different), and I can not uncheck Russian from the results' languages (it's "pre-checked" and greyed out) - I can only add another one (which I did - and it survived).

Overall, Google itself is a bloody bastard - those language settings being not working properly on different projects (ignored?), persistent tracking of my location!.. X(

• Opera 24

• Just tried Google in a private tab - IT WAS IN ENGLISH! DAMN! X(

• Open "Local State" on e text editor and change the country code on the following lines:

"location": {
          "country": "br",
          "country_from_server": "BR",

In your case they should be "UK".

Note: You should do it while Opera is closed.

• What is this "Local State"?

• What is this "Local State"?

A file that can be found on Opera's profile folder.

• Should one CLOSE the browser first?

• I just tried changing google.ru to google.com here - it saved, but the search's interface remained in as-if-Russian anyway. (Yes, I restarted.)

• Should one CLOSE the browser first?

To edit the file? Yes.

• Open "Local State" on e text editor and change the country code on the following lines:
    "location": {
    "country": "br",
    "country_from_server": "BR",

In your case they should be "UK".
    Note: You should do it while Opera is closed.

Where is this profile and what should I insert - "BR" or "UK"?

• Where is this profile

See OMenu > About Opera for the path to the profile folder. Or type opera:about on the address bar.

what should I insert - "BR" or "UK"?

You should insert the country code that you want.

UK would be United Kingdom, US for USA, DE for Germany, FR for France and so on. There is a list here

• See OMenu > About Opera for the path to the profile folder. Or type opera:about on the address bar.

I tried that.
    I saw the path, went to the folder, searched manually, searched with the system searcher all the ways possible - nothing. Neither "profile" folder nor any "Local State" file.
    If it must be there - what subfolder could it be?
    I searched in my other Opera place too (in "Program files") - nothing as well.

• You need to place a dot in 'Show hidden files and folders', found via the 'Tools/Folder Options...' menu option and then click the 'View' tab.

• You need to place a dot in 'Show hidden files and folders', found via the 'Tools/Folder Options...' menu option and then click the 'View' tab.

Where?
    The folder in question was hidden alright - it's shown when I go to it directly one way or another still, so (as I said) I searched it.
    Or are there more - like hidden-hidden/superhidden/megahidden folders? 😉

• See OMenu > About Opera for the path to the profile folder. Or type opera:about on the address bar.

I tried that.
    I saw the path, went to the folder, searched manually, searched with the system searcher all the ways possible - nothing. Neither "profile" folder nor any "Local State" file.
    If it must be there - what subfolder could it be?
    I searched in my other Opera place too (in "Program files") - nothing as well.

This is a Opera Blink's file. IIRC you are still using Opera Presto.

• This is a Opera Blink's file. IIRC you are still using Opera Presto.

Yup.
    "About" says it's 11.61 - while for the long time I believed it'd been 'updated' to 11.63. (Strange.)