Google is in German

• My default google search is google.de when I want it to be google.co.uk. I cannot find any option in the settings to reconfigure this. Any suggestions?

• NuOpera?

In OleOpera (Presto) it's easy.
    Correction: in my as-if-localised 11.63, I get "www.google.com", but the interface is in Russian by default (though I AM logged in and my account's language set different), and I can not uncheck Russian from the results' languages (it's "pre-checked" and greyed out) - I can only add another one (which I did - and it survived).

Overall, Google itself is a bloody bastard - those language settings being not working properly on different projects (ignored?), persistent tracking of my location!.. X(

• Opera 24

• Just tried Google in a private tab - IT WAS IN ENGLISH! DAMN! X(

• Open "Local State" on e text editor and change the country code on the following lines:

"location": {
          "country": "br",
          "country_from_server": "BR",

In your case they should be "UK".

Note: You should do it while Opera is closed.

• What is this "Local State"?

• What is this "Local State"?

A file that can be found on Opera's profile folder.

• Should one CLOSE the browser first?

• I just tried changing google.ru to google.com here - it saved, but the search's interface remained in as-if-Russian anyway. (Yes, I restarted.)

• Should one CLOSE the browser first?

To edit the file? Yes.

• Open "Local State" on e text editor and change the country code on the following lines:
    "location": {
    "country": "br",
    "country_from_server": "BR",

In your case they should be "UK".
    Note: You should do it while Opera is closed.

Where is this profile and what should I insert - "BR" or "UK"?

• Where is this profile

See OMenu > About Opera for the path to the profile folder. Or type opera:about on the address bar.

what should I insert - "BR" or "UK"?

You should insert the country code that you want.

UK would be United Kingdom, US for USA, DE for Germany, FR for France and so on. There is a list here

• See OMenu > About Opera for the path to the profile folder. Or type opera:about on the address bar.

I tried that.
    I saw the path, went to the folder, searched manually, searched with the system searcher all the ways possible - nothing. Neither "profile" folder nor any "Local State" file.
    If it must be there - what subfolder could it be?
    I searched in my other Opera place too (in "Program files") - nothing as well.

• You need to place a dot in 'Show hidden files and folders', found via the 'Tools/Folder Options...' menu option and then click the 'View' tab.

• You need to place a dot in 'Show hidden files and folders', found via the 'Tools/Folder Options...' menu option and then click the 'View' tab.

Where?
    The folder in question was hidden alright - it's shown when I go to it directly one way or another still, so (as I said) I searched it.
    Or are there more - like hidden-hidden/superhidden/megahidden folders? 😉

• See OMenu > About Opera for the path to the profile folder. Or type opera:about on the address bar.

I tried that.
    I saw the path, went to the folder, searched manually, searched with the system searcher all the ways possible - nothing. Neither "profile" folder nor any "Local State" file.
    If it must be there - what subfolder could it be?
    I searched in my other Opera place too (in "Program files") - nothing as well.

This is a Opera Blink's file. IIRC you are still using Opera Presto.

• This is a Opera Blink's file. IIRC you are still using Opera Presto.

Yup.
    "About" says it's 11.61 - while for the long time I believed it'd been 'updated' to 11.63. (Strange.)

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.