Opera is not detecting the PPAPI Flash Plugin.

• Hi, I just installed the latest build of PPAPI Flash plugin (beta) because I heard it has some benefits, however, Opera is not detecting it, only the NPAPI one. The flag ''Find Pepper Flash Plug-in'' is enabled (by default). I disabled and then uninstalled the NPAPI Flash, restarted Opera, cleared all browsing data, etc. None of that worked.

I tested in the following Opera versions:
    Opera Stable 24.0.1558.61
    Opera Beta 25.0.1614.11
    Opera Developer 25.0.1614.5

My operating system:
    Windows 7, SP1.

• If you uninstall both npapi and ppapi flash players and then install the ppapi one, does opera detects it?

• Nope.

• So there is no flash listed under opera:plugins after you've tried it?

That's strange. Here - I'm on Win8.1 - all Opera installs (Stable, Beta and Developer) have ppapi flash listed under opera:plugins.
    Maybe it's a OS issue? I have Win7 on another computer, i'll try to check later.

• So there is no flash listed under opera:plugins after you've tried it?

No, and I remember that Opera was capable to find the Pepper Flash when I tested the flag for the first time (in Opera Developer 23, I think).

I have Win7 on another computer, i'll try to check later.

Sounds like a good idea, let me know if it works there.

• I've just tested here on Win7 with Opera Stable 24.0.1558.61 and everything worked fine, ppapi flash is listed under opera:plugins.

I downloaded and installed Flash Player for Opera and Chromium based applications – PPAPI just in case.

• I downloaded and installed Flash Player for Opera and Chromium based applications – PPAPI just in case.

That's the one I installed...

@leocg, on which directory Flash Player is installed? Maybe my installation was not successful... Although my Opera has been malfunctioning. I mean: WebGL support is gone, and now this. I don't know if it has something to do, but I use Windows 7 32-bit.

• opera:plugins lists this:

X:\WINDOWS\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_15_0_0_170.dll

• IDK what's going on, but the pepflashplayer.dll is there. Anyway, thanks!

• It's the same for me.

I'm on Windows 8.1 32 bit and I have Opera stable 24.0.1558.61

I downloaded and installed the latest PPAPI Flash Player: it is installed in
    C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_15_0_0_170.dll

but Opera doesn't find it. I tried to uninstall and reinstall the plugin but nothing: Opera sees only the NPAPI version.

• I see that I'm not the only one with this problem. Stable 24.0.1558.61, Win 7 32bit... I even wrote the comment about this: http://blogs.opera.com/desktop/2014/09/opera-stable-24-0-1558-61-update/#comment-1598704615

• Is Opera installed for all users? It runs with admin rights?

• Opera is installed for all users. I tried with and without admin rights, but it doesn't detect at all the pepper flash plugin

• Opera is installed for all users. I tried with and without admin rights, but it doesn't detect at all the pepper flash plugin

And what happens if you try with a new clean profile? You can rename your current one or you can make a standalone install.

• It seems to be a problem with 32-bit versions of Windows... Just saying.

• It seems to be a problem with 32-bit versions of Windows... Just saying.

Maybe. Because on my win 7 64 bit it works flawlessly

• I tried with a new profile: nothing.

Then I edited the Preferences file to add the lines

`
       "plugins": {
          "plugins_list": [ {
             "enabled": true,
             "name": "Shockwave Flash",
             "path": "C:\\Windows\\System32\\Macromed\\Flash\\pepflashplayer32_15_0_0_170.dll",
             "version": "15.0.0.170"
          },
    `

but nothing.

Is there another place where Opera stores its plugin list?

• Hi @plovec, please follow the below steps:

1. Download the latest (15.0.0.183) FP for Opera/Chromium based apps - PPAPI for Windows, and install it,

2. Add two command line switches at the end of the shortcut to the "launcher.exe", as follows:

launcher.exe --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer32_15_0_0_183.dll" --ppapi-flash-version="15.0.0.183"

(adjust the path, accordingly to your Flash plugin installation directory),

1. Launch the Opera, go to "opera:plugins", click on "Show details" button, disable the Flash plugin with "Type: NPAPI", and enable the Flash plugin with "Type: PPAPI" \m/ :beer:
  • It works! Thank's a lot. :)

The only problem is that I must keep the switches in the shortcut, otherwise Opera loses again the pepper flash player...

• @l33t4opera, How do I exactly add those command lines, to which file? I'm quite newbie... XD

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.