Helps needed using opera

• Hi! I'm new to this forum. I have been using opera for quite a few years and currently using the 12.01 version, my operating system is windows XP. Today, I got a problem while browsing through opera, when I tried to log in Wikipedia through my account, it didn't work, nor did they say that I'm using wrong username or password. When I tried to log in from another browser, it worked. But I'm more comfortable with opera than other browsers, so I need this problem fixed so that I can log into wikipedia using opera. Can anyone help me in this regard?

Another problem is, when I try to download the 18.0 version of opera it just gets stopped at 99.9%, what's the reason?

• Which version of XP - as in, original, SP1, SP2, etc.? Opera 18 will not install in an un-updated XP system ... not that it should prevent you from downloading, but to save you even more grief later.

• Originally posted by sgunhouse:

Which version of XP - as in, original, SP1, SP2, etc.? Opera 18 will not install in an un-updated XP system ... not that it should prevent you from downloading, but to save you even more grief later.

Oh k Thanks, I won't download it then, and my other problem with logging in Wikipedia is also fixed (don't know how). Cheers!

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.