Embedded videos - is this normal?

• Hi all,

I recently made the switch from Chrome to Opera pleasantly surprised with the speed and how lightly it runs. My only annoyance is with embedded video, instead of it showing a preview screenshot of the video with the play button (ala Chrome) I get a grey box with "Click to run Adobe Flash Player" I wondered is this normal in Opera and how do I change it if possible?

Cheers

• Change 'O Menu / Settings / Websites / Plug-ins /' to 'Run automatically (recommended)' or disable 'Opera Turbo' via the fifth item up from the bottom of the main menu (by removing the tick).

• Related question: I remember Opera supporting HTML5 videos at some point (I may be wrong). Now I see it's all flash.
    Is it planned for the upcoming versions? Because speeding up YouTube videos is a feature I use and need a lot, and it's not possible in flash.

• Opera supports html5 but not all codecs and/or formats. Opera 24, which is in beta stage atm, started to have support for h264.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.