:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Drag-to-desktop to create shortcut missing.

• Hello,

I there any way to make Opera able to create drag-and-drop shortcuts?

That is, drag the URL from browser to a folder (like Desktop) and have it create a shortcut to that URL.

This functionality is available on every other modern Windows browser (Firefox,Chrome, IE all have it, and always had it).
    I normally create about 20-50 shortcuts per day, and this is the only way I know to organize them.
    Bookmarking/stashing/speeddialing is not suitable for this purpose.
    I'm okay with an extension that would allow me to do this (basic) thing, but I just need something I can do with 1 click like in other browsers.

Help please?

I'm using 23.0.1522.75 which is latest, as far as I know. (This functionality used to exist in earlier version of Opera. This is the only thing that's seriously making me regret switching away from the other browsers because I like everything else about Opera.)

(I've been using this hack: URLtoLink2.ahk
    http://www.autohotkey.com/board/topic/81914-fix-for-opera-12-ctrlleft-click-puts-web-link-on-desktop/)

• Not possible at the moment afaik. However you can do it with urls in pages.

• What do you mean "can do it with urls in pages"?

• What do you mean "can do it with urls in pages"?

If there is a url inside a page (like the markdown one on this page), you can drag it into desktop.

• thanks, great to know!

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.