Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera GX updates frequency

• Hi. I have a question about Opera GX updates frequency.
    I am not a gamer. I am a DevOps. But I loved your browser and it's style and features.
    But what I am concerned about is updates of the browser. Especially security updates like closing security holes, updating chromium. In Opera Developer/Bera it happens on a regular base (every week/2).
    In Opera GX the last update was more than a month ago.
    So when updates of the browser will be often, so I could be sure that the browser that I am using is up to date all security findings and holes?
    Thanks!

• BTW yeah, I'm also wondering why the GX hasn't been updated since the month of July?

• This shouldn't be that much of a problem as long as no critical security issues or critical bugs present themselves, but Opera GX started crashing itself randomly and consistently after the last update, and no update is in sight.

I thought, with all the spotlight given to the GX by the Opera team, that GX would live on to be this glorious novel browser. Throwing a massive first birthday to the browser and then seemingly abandon it for months is just weird, extremely weird.