Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Answer above Quote

• Hello
    I'm new to Opera Mail and very happy that I found a Mailclient with a much much better search Feature than Mozilla Thunderbird.

My only problem so far is when I answer mails my Signature is placed at the bottom. I need it just below my message above the quote.
    With all other Mailclients I prevously used it was no problem, but with Opera Mail I didn't found a solution for this.

• The only way to get something like a signature above the previous message's text is to edit accounts.ini (in the mail folder) and make the signature part of the reply header. That means the signature will be text-only (no HTML) but can be several lines by using character escapes (\n for newline, etc,). The file accounts.ini is just a text file (UTF-8 encoded but without BOM, if you need to include non-ASCII characters) ... other than that matter of encoding any text editor should be able to handle it. The reply header is on a line that starts "Reply=", there is a separate header for forwarded messages, and each account will have its own headers in that file. (If you want the recipient's mail client to recognize it as a signature you should start the signature with two hyphens and a space on a line by themself, that mark is what indicates the actual end of the message text.)

• The only way to get something like a signature above the previous message's text is to edit accounts.ini (in the mail folder) and make the signature part of the reply header. That means the signature will be text-only (no HTML) but can be several lines by using character escapes (\n for newline, etc,). The file accounts.ini is just a text file (UTF-8 encoded but without BOM, if you need to include non-ASCII characters) ... other than that matter of encoding any text editor should be able to handle it. The reply header is on a line that starts "Reply=", there is a separate header for forwarded messages, and each account will have its own headers in that file. (If you want the recipient's mail client to recognize it as a signature you should start the signature with two hyphens and a space on a line by themself, that mark is what indicates the actual end of the message text.)

Well thanks for the tip. If you have could you give us a idiot proof step by step instructions?