Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Can I rollback Opera to archive version whilst retaining my settings

• Can I rollback Opera to archive version from one of these

https://ftp.opera.com/ftp/pub/opera/desktop/

whilst retaining my settings

I am reluctant to uninstall and lose everything

• @fckopera Do a backup before.

• That does not help unless you first explain how to do what you suggest.

• @fckopera How you do backups? You create a copy of the data you want to backup and store it somewhere else.
    Take a look at https://help.opera.com/en/latest/crashes-and-issues/#backup

• @leocg said in Can I rollback Opera to archive version whilst retaining my settings:

@fckopera How you do backups? You create a copy of the data you want to backup and store it somewhere else.
    Take a look at https://help.opera.com/en/latest/crashes-and-issues/#backup

I was expecting a simple button like "Backup your settings" are you really saying I have to go to all these locations

kmarks	Your bookmarks’ metadata, such as name and location
    BookmarksExtras	Your bookmarks’ associated thumbnail images
    Cookies	Your cookies (may not be essential, but you’ll need to sign back in to web services if deleted)
    Current Session	Data about your current browsing session including open tabs, location on the page, form data, etc.
    Extension Cookies	Cookies associated with your installed extensions, such as location data for a weather extension
    Favicons	Favicons associated with pages added to your bookmarks bar
    History	Your browsing history
    Local State	Your internal browser preferences, such as the last-seen version number and download location
    Login Data	Your saved, encrypted passwords, readable only on the machine that created them
    Preferences	Your current browsing preferences and information about your profile
    Visited Links	The location of links you’ve already visited, used by Opera to display them as visited
    Web Data	Your autofill and other data imported from IE7
    Folders to back up
    Folder name	Description
    Extension Rules	A storage area for your extensions’ rules that need to be persisted
    Extension State	A storage area for your extension’s states that need to be persisted
    Extensions	Your installed extensions
    IndexedDB	Data associated with sites you visit that use Mozilla’s IndexedDB API, a structured database indexing system
    Local Extension Settings	A storage area where your installed extensions can store local data
    Local Storage	A storage area where sites you visit, your extensions, and Opera can store local data
    Sync Data	A storage area for synchronized browsing data (sync services should still work if deleted, but your Opera account may become unstable)
    Databases	A storage area where sites you visit can store local data
    Themes_backup	A storage area for your downloaded or manually-installed themes

• @fckopera Create a copy of the whole Opera's profile directory, it's the best thing to do.

By the way, saved passwords will only work if you install Opera in the same computer and with the same user.