Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera not able to access webcam

• Using Mac OS X 10.15. Latest version of Opera.

Even though I have granted permission for a certain site to access my webcam on a certain site, the site is saying it doesn't have access and therefore I can't use the camera. On my Mac, I then went to Security & Privacy in System Preferences, and opened the Privacy tab. I then try to give Opera access to both camera and microphone from that list, but Opera is not among the list of applications I can grant permission to.

Does anyone know why Opera is not being registered by the system as an application that has access to my camera and mic?

Thank you for your help!

• I have had this problem as well. I restarted my Mac, rebooted Opera and went to a Meet.Google.com page. This time when the camera started I was given the MacOS alert boxes asking me to give permission to Opera. Once I did that, the browser appeared in my Security & Privacy panel. I feel like the apps don't appear in Security before you get the OS alert box. I'm also wondering if Opera asking me to give permission to the site interfered with the OS box.

So, a reboot helped.

• @tomnapper Thanks for the reply. I should have written back sooner. The problem was one I'd run into before where the OS X camera database needs to be reset. I followed the instructions on this page, and got it working correctly. It's not an Opera problem.

https://apple.stackexchange.com/questions/384317/how-do-i-reset-camera-and-microphone-permission-on-macos-mojave

• Hello colleagues, something similar happened to me when I tried to access certain pages with my webcam, I couldn't get it to broadcast live if I entered from the Opera browser. Here are two screenshots to configure your webcam to make transmissions

The first thing you have to do is go to the opera menu and select the settings box as you can see in the image

webcam-settings.jpg

Una vez dentro os vais hasta la palabra camera y seleccionáis la primera opción.

webcam configuration.jpg

Once followed the steps, save the changes and try to enter from the browser operates any web page that allows to activate the webcam and make stramings.

I hope this solves the problem!