Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Importing data from Chrome ?.

• Just installed Opera and still finding my way around. And hit a really big problem! Puleeeeze will someone tell me why it refuses to let me import all my 'favourites' stuff from Google Chrome. No matter how many times I try, the damn import bookmarks box stays greyed out!I don't care if you think I'm an idiot as I'm getting really stressed here!
    Jonathan

[Mod Edit: Topic title changed to something more descriptive, as the original seemed to contradict the posters actual request]

• The bookmark importer tool is meant to be used with Opera Presto atm. Copying bookmarks* .* from your Chrome profile folder into Opera's one should help i think.

• New Developer build imported my Chrome bookmarks. You may have to wait a bit, but it's coming.

• thank you both!

• with an apology for the 'botched' heading, but I got some answers which came quickly and with the utmost courtesy! proving that help is out there! never be embarrassed to ask! If you don't know, someone else does!

• just copy bookmarks file from Chrome to Opera C:\Users\nameofprofil\AppData\Roaming\Opera Software\Opera Stable. Quick and easy.