I can't open new window instead of new tab. Where are advanced settings?

• Firefox irritates me since it does not switch focus to new opening window.
    Well, I have installed last opera v 22.
    I can't find advanced settings, where I hope I can set opening new windows
    instead of new tab.
    I marked checkbox "Show advanced settings".
    But where they are?
    They is only "settings" in menu.
    No choice to select any other settings in menu.
    No popup menu when I focus mouse on the "settings" line in main menu.
    Maybe it was eliminated in new version,
    because I googled pictures where advanced settings existed before.

• Hi @ns0001, you can remap the default keybindings for "OpenWindow": ["Ctrl+N"], and "AddBlankTab": ["Ctrl+T"], just follow the steps mentioned here.

• Thanks, I've found preference file, but there are no words "OpenWindow" or "window" ...

• You can add it. Just keep the proper hierarchy: Keybindings -> Basic -> OpenWindow, and don't forget about commas. If there's an error, Preferences will be renamed to Preferences.bad.

• Don't know what your problem is. If I click the Opera menu top right the first two options are "New tab" and "New Window".

If I press ctrl-T I get a new tab, if I press ctrl-N I get a new Window.

If I ctrl-click a link it opens in a new tab, if I shift-click a link it opens in a new Window.

What more do you want??

• He wants the old setting to have links automatically open in new windows. He may want to post that in the Suggestion Box.

• My problem is that after opening new window the focus is still on old window,
    not on new window.

• You can add it. Just keep the proper hierarchy: Keybindings -> Basic -> OpenWindow, and don't forget about commas. If there's an error, Preferences will be renamed to Preferences.bad.

I added the line "OpenWindow": true,
    after "browser": {

No results

• Hi @ns001, close the Opera, go to the Opera's profile directory (you can find the path in O-Menu->About Opera->Paths->Profile), open the "Preferences" file in your text editor, and make sure that the first 10 lines will be exactly the same as below:

{
       "Keybindings": {
          "Basic": {
             "AddBlankTab": [ "Ctrl+N" ],
             "OpenWindow": [ "Ctrl+T" ]
          },
          "Settings": {
             "AdvancedEnabled": true
          }
       },

Save the changes, close the file, and reopen the Opera.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.