Opera Comments Bot last edited by
Here you can post comments about Page Shadow extension, created by eliastik
lukeatreides last edited by
In the custom theme settings page of the add-on, could we get an option to enter our desired hex color? For example, on my links color I want #007fff, but I can't seem to get close to it on the color picker. So if I could just type it in, it'd be way more easier.
eliastik last edited by
@lukeatreides Thanks for your report. There was a bug with the hex color text input not working. This issue is now fixed in the last development version (commit). The fix will be available in the next released version of the extension.
miguelcs last edited by
doesn't work in web whatsapp
A Former User last edited by
exelente, otimo desempenho e muitas funcionalidades, ate agora nao tive o que reclamar, parabens
BlueCrosser last edited by
Doesn't work with PDF's dragged into a browser. But it would be really cool if it did, because the PDF's I have to read are hyper white and destroy my cornea when I try and read them at night.
eliastik last edited by
@BlueCrosser By default, the extension cannot access to local files hosted on your computer for security reasons. If you want the dragged PDFs to work, you need to enable the option "Allow access to file URLs" for Page Shadow in the extension page (chrome://extensions). I hope this resolve your issue.
infinice last edited by
Just Does Not Work. Totally inert- i tweaked different settings, ensured slider was set to Enabled etc. but it does nothing. WTF? (Windows 7 64bit user)
eliastik last edited by leocg
Important Notice :
On latest versions of Opera, you have to activate a particular setting to allow the extension access to search results pages (this allow the extension to works on Google, Bing and others search engines):
- Click on the "Cube" icon at the top right of the browser
- Click on "Manage extensions"
- Under "Page Shadow", click on "Details"
- Check "Allow access to search page results"
Iinformation Importante :
Sur les dernières version d'Opera, il faut activer un paramètre particulier pour autoriser l'accès de l'extension aux pages de résultats de recherche (cela permet à l'extension de fonctionner sur Google, Bing et les autres moteurs de recherche) :
- Cliquez sur l'icône "Cube" en haut à droite du navigateur
- Cliquez sur "Gérer les extensions"
- Sous "Page Shadow", cliquez sur "Détails"
- Cochez "Autoriser l'accès aux résultats de la page de recherche"
dantenebris last edited by
It would be great if the brightness reduction without night mode and the brightness reduction with night mode could be combined.
eliastik last edited by eliastik
@dantenebris Thanks for your suggestion ! I added your suggestion into my backlog for a future update.
However, please note that the currently available version on Opera store is outdated (2.7, the current version is 2.9.1). I sent the new versions but it is now yet reviewed by the moderators (I'm not the only extension developper who's new updates are not reviewed for a long time).
What you can do :
- Backup your settings: go to the Advanced settings, then click on "Backups and presets"
- On the new opened window, click on "Archive the settings..."
- Your settings are now saved into your device (usually in the "Downloads" folder)
- Go to this page: https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/eimaelgbclmdoeimifebaagealdkjmki/
- Uninstall the old version
- Click on "Install" : you should be able to install the version from Chrome webstore, which is up to date (2.9.1)
- When the new version of the extension is installed, go to the Advanced settings, and click on "Backups and presets"
- Click on the tab "Restore the settings..."
- Select the previously saved file (the name will be similar to: page-shadow-backupdata-2022-1-3-22_42_40.json)
- You have the latest version of Page Shadow what your previous settings
alhel last edited by
Switched to Opera after a while of chromin n foxin, and obviously one of the first things is to look for a good general dark mode. So I browsed the search results and apart from the usual suspects (of which some are ok but none truly ideal) this one stuck out as a (to me at least) new contender. – Usually not a frequent reviewer of extensions, but the first impressions are super in terms of tweakability, results, and speed, plus the developer seems to be responsive and helpful (see below), so I recommend you guys give this one a try!
Don't install from here though cause for some reason Opera has problems with their addon updating process. So everyone go to https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/eimaelgbclmdoeimifebaagealdkjmki/
and install the chrome version. You may have to get the "Install chrome extensions" addon first.
Cheers and stay dark, folks