Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Update Mechanism . Why Can't It Be Like Vivaldi ?

• I'm always moaning about updates in Opera but why when pressing check now, Opera either says an error occurred or downloads an update that gets to 100% and stalls. Closing the browser and retrying has in the past got to 100% and stalled again, or an error occurred message appears again. Opera has been in existence for years but doesn't seem capable of having a proper manual update procedure. Compare this with Vivaldi where clicking on check for updates almost instantly produces a small window with details of the update if one is available and a link to download it and instal it there and then. This works 100% of the time and Operas efforts work about 30% of the time and I'm being generous with my percentage for them ! You could say why do I stick with Opera if Vivaldi does what I want. Well Opera works with some extensions that either do not work or are probmatic in Vivaldi. So the question remains, why can't Opera have an update mechanism similar to Vivaldi ?

• Opera (auto)update works 90% of the time for me, I don't see a reason to change it.