Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Mail

• I am using Opera Mail 1.0 Build 1040 on Windows 7 Ultimate 32 Bit.
    When I start Opera Mail the program starts twice, there are 2 icons in the taskbar and I can click on either one and the view is the same. I am hoping some one may know of a fix for this please.

• How are you starting the program? Start menu, desktop shortcut ... or maybe a mail link in some other program brings it up?

• Thank you sgunhouse "How are you starting the program?"

It doesnt matter if I start from a shortcut, start menu or the operamail.exe file the program behaves the same way.

The computer otherwise is fine, I have scanned the computer with Webroot Secure Complete, Malwarebytes and Super Anti Spyware nothing detected.

I reinstalled Opera Mail over the top of itself and it didn't fix the problem.

I only use Opera Mail as a newsreader, Office Outlook 2010 is my email client.

• Even if it does it with operamail.exe itself, right-click on each taskbar button, right-click on "Opera Mail" and goto "properties". On the shortcut tab, see if the target is the same.

Also, delete sessions/autosave.win in the preferences folder while Opera is closed. See help -> about Opera Mail for the location.

• Hi burnout426
    I deleted the two files and it fixed the issue.
    Thank you for your help