Wishlist item - Bookmarks-Bar Show/Hide Keystroke Toggle, similar to Chrome's CTRL+SHIFT+B

• It would be great to be able to show/hide the Bookmarks Bar in Opera 21, similar to the CTRL+SHIFT+B toggle shortcut that is INCLUDED in the Chrome browser.(not an extension).

A single-action toggle, such as the Chrome browser's Ctrl+Shift+B gives instant control over the bookmarks bar - allowing instant extra space for webpage display (and also speedily hides the bookmarks bar from prying eyes looking over your shoulder).

I appreciate and accept the comment from lem729 "though it's not perfect, the Alt P action and unchecking or checking the box is pretty easy". But if the Chrome browser can provide an instant bookmarks-bar toggle - then why not Opera 21?!

• I agree with you, mb-77. It would be nice to have a quicker toggle (one keyboard shortcut with an instant action). And there are times when it's better not to have the bookmarks bar showing, even if only for the pleasure of a more minimalist browser appearance, and more usable space in the browser window.

• OPERA v23 is eagerly awaited!

Is it too soon to REVISIT my Wishlist item for inclusion in the new version - Opera 23?

It would be great to be able to show/hide the Bookmarks Bar in Opera 23, similar to the CTRL+SHIFT+B toggle shortcut that is INCLUDED in the Chrome browser.(not an extension).

A single-action toggle, such as the Chrome browser's Ctrl+Shift+B gives instant hide/unhide control over the bookmarks bar - allowing instant extra space for webpage display.

Please.

• Adding a Bookmark manager would be a great idea ... and not hard to implement.

It's not because Opera's staff thought it was not useful that it needs to be ugly and unfriendly for management.

• Adding a Bookmark manager would be a great idea ... and not hard to implement.

There is one already. On Opera 24 it can be enabled on opera:flags and on 25 it will probably be enabled by default.

• Thanks, Linuxmint7. I did a search for this thread but was unable to find it.

I just want to add my support to the OP's request for a toggle bookmark bar button. It would add greatly to the convenience of the browser.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.