Search Keyword for Google Maps?

• In Firefox I've long used "m" as a keyword search for Google Maps, that way I can just type a physical address into the address bar and go directly to a map for it. I've used other keyword searches in Opera, but I could never get that one to work. I'd do a search and a blank page with a small black rectangle in the upper left corner (like a progress bar that is at 0%) and that is it. I figured I'd try setting this up in Opera 18, should be one thing I could get to work in this browser that wouldn't in the Presto version...but I was surprised to see that I get the exact same result.

Anyone create a Google Maps keyword and able to get it to work?

• I've just tried here with Opera 19 and it seems to be working.

• Thanks. Not sure why I can't get it to work for me.

• Originally posted by rilef:

The following is from less than a week ago:

Seems unrelated for me. This topic is not about how to create a search using Google Maps but why it doesn't work.

• Originally posted by mlaps:

Not sure why I can't get it to work for me.

Here the string was created as https://www.google.com/maps/preview?q=%s if it helps.

• Thanks Leo and Rilef. Rilef was right to chastise me though, I had spent a lot of time searching yesterday for various issues, and thought i would have come across a thread for Maps if there was one, since I had read a number of other keyword search related threads, but I had missed that one, and I had never specifically searched for Google Maps.

The original query string I have in 12 matches the string posted here, but the string I had in 18 didn't match. I recreated it and the search works now. Thank you for the help.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.