Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Fresh, new Opera running absurdly SLOW

• Hi,

I have created this account just for posting this issue.
    I have recently downloaded and installed Opera for Windows 10. It runs very slow indeed, side by side Firefox, Opera has to be ashamed. I have tested both for troubleshooting purposes, cannot believe why Opera is sooooooo slooooow in ANY situation.

When I restart Opera, a blank screen appears. After 30 seconds, the browser looks normal. I have a 100mb/sec stable internet connection so I don't really understand the problem. After it gets back to normal again, whether I type a search, click a link or anything else, it takes a lot to render something which is unacceptable for today's standards, my 4 years telephones browser is much faster that Opera on my laptop. In fact, anything runs normally except Opera, even the setting tab is slow to show up!

Because this is a new and fresh installation, I have not installed addons yet. I have disabled the VPN and ads list features just in case, nothing works. It is nightmare experience.

I have searched for solutions in this forum and nothing. Opera doesn't work out of the box to me. And yes, I have reinstalled several times.

• I have the same problem

• @arriagatwo
    Hi, for testing, try switching off "Block Adds". I tried earlier and noticed an increase in speed (though I switched it back on). If you notice the same it may mean there's an issue. Just a thought.