Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Editing passwords or saving changed passwords Please help me ! ! !

• Hello,
    I've searched the questions and answers here on the Opera forum. But I can't find this particular situation so I'm posting it is a new question.

I have a problem with Opera and its saving passwords.
    As an example, I'm going to use Newegg.com as the website I want to log on to and change my password.

Opera stores my password for Newegg, and I want to change my password on Newegg.

So after I change my password on Newegg, I go to the Opera settings and I delete my password for Newegg.
    I can only keep or delete my password on Opera, so I delete it because I mistakenly think that Opera will ask if I want to save my new Newegg password (since there is no saved password for Newegg because I just deleted it.)

Opera will let me remove, hide, or show the password but it will not let me edit it. So, I just delete it.

But then when I go back to Newegg and sign in manually Opera does not ask if I want to store the password. That's the problem that I'm having.

I know my problem would be solved if Opera let you edit your saved passwords. If it does let you do that, I haven't found the way to do it.

Is there a way that I could simply edit my passwords on Opera that I don't see in the settings?
    I would greatly appreciate someone helping me because I've been racking my brains trying to find the solution.

Thanks.
    GTDom

• @gtdom When you go to a site and use a new password to login, Opera asks if you want to update the stored password.

• Hello, thanks for the reply.

I should have put in my question that I'm running Windows 7 and Opera 54.0

I just went to tirerack.com and changed my password and Opera didn't respond to anything.

I've changed passwords on sites many times and I've never seen Opera ask me if I want to save the new password. Do I need a different add-on, and I running the wrong version?

Appreciate if you could help me.