Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Scheduled logout

In order to introduce new security features and enhance your experience with Opera Forums we had to terminate all sessions that were started before Monday, March 25, 15:00 UTC.
If you find yourself logged out please rest assured that this is completely normal and expected. To participate in the discussions after that date you have to sign-in again using the "Login" button.
Apologies for any inconvenience caused.

Can't set virtual location in VPN

• I'm using Opera 53.0.2907.106 on my Mac, which is using Mac OS 10.13.5. I turned on the VPN and now I'm trying to set up my virtual location so I can fully use the CBC website in Canada. The instructions say to click on the blue VPN icon in the address bar and set the location from there, but all I get when I do that is four very general choices: Optimal Location, Europe, Americas, and Asia. I don't see a way to make it more specific than that; i.e., to give myself a Canadian location. Any suggestions?

If it makes a difference, I'm also using Unblock-Us and have my Network DNS servers set according to their instructions. I can change that if I need to, though.

• @kejones4 Everything is fine, those four are the available options for VPN location.

• So I can't set my location as someplace in Canada? I have to let the system determine my location for me?

• @kejones4 Yes,this is how VPN works.