Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera opens a new "home page" tab instead of going back to the tab I had open

• So I admit, I like to have a lot of tabs open (17 last I checked) but I don't need to add more unless I want to add more. I also keep opera open pretty much all the time (it turns off when I restart the phone, then I turn it back on almost first thing). Well, maybe I should have put all that in past tense, I'm probably moving everything over to firefox unless someone can solve my problem.
    A few days ago there was some sort of change, now every time I choose opera from my open apps, instead of re-loading the last tab, it opens a new tab to the home page/news/whatever crap. Then I have to close it and navigate through my tabs to get back to the one I was on. I was able to turn off the news, but that doesn't stop the app from launching a new tab every time I activate it. This makes the program essentially unusable for me (at least, I suspect that if I throw my phone across the room in frustration and break it, I won't be able to use the program.)
    I've searched online and looked through the options, and can't find anything to turn this "feature" off (to quote Bill Gates, "it's not a bug, it's a feature." That is the quality of this "feature" in my opinion.)

• @computant
    I also find this very annoying. It's a bug not a feature. Opera please solve this.

• @computant Here it still opens the last tab.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.