Opera 20 Browser Identification (User Agent) Issue

  • Hello,

    i've been frustrated many times using the Google's instant currency converter
    after many attempts it is not showing any results on the Google's search results page
    so i investigated the issue, i found that it is the User Agent String
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/33.0.1750.154 Safari/537.36 OPR/20.0.1387.91

    i added one of the nice extentions to emulate the browser
    once i picked the Opera on windows profile, the Google' Instant search back again
    (Opera/9.80 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; U; en) Presto/2.10.229 Version/11.62)

    so i investigated more
    the Google Chrome User Agent String is
    Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/34.0.1847.131 Safari/537.36
    so the addition of (OPR/20.0.1387.91) makes this issue appears

    i am currently running on the Google's Chrome User Agent String, i tried to navigate for advanced settings but no luck to change it even in Windows Registry

    Anyone with Great Ideas Please Share 🙂

    Thank you

Log in to reply
 

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.