Bookmark insanity

• WinXP SP3 Opera Ver. 36.0.2130.80 Besides the trouble most people are having with Flash Player I'm having a difficult time with saving bookmarks and or exporting bookmarks in an HTML format.
    **To export data from Opera follow these steps:

1. Go to Settings > Import and export File > Import and export.
    2. Choose the file name, change the location if you want to find it easily, and click "Save".
    3. Import the data file according to the instructions of your other browser.**
      I have no import and export file in my settings

When attempting to save bookmarks I click on the heart at the end of the address bar a dialog box appears saying bookmark saved and it saves to my other bookmarks then if I click view bookmarks in that same dialog box other bookmarks appears with my bookmark in it then if I close the dialog box and check other bookmarks there is no bookmark saved there. I can click on the heart again and my bookmark is still there in that dialog box making organization difficult so I open chrome and save the bookmark in chrome.

• The instructions you quote are for Presto-based Opera (versions 7-12) and not Blink-based versions. Export was only recently added to the new version, and since you're stuck at 36 due to using XP you don't have it. :(

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.