Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera VPN and "routing and remote access" service.

• Wonder if any one can answer my question. For some reason, my opera VPN was not working today. Kept saying "connecting". Searched the web and found a recommended fix of activating the "routing and remove access service" - (RRAS). After doing this, VPN started working. Not sure what RRAS is for but I had it before when I was working to connect to my office. Any reading the description, that is what the definition appears to be - allow client/server connections. So does Opera really nead this? On my wife's computer, I turned on VPN and it connected. Checked the RRAS service on her computer and it was disabled. But I turned it on any how.

Per Wikipedia - "Remote access server - provides remote access connectivity to dial-up or VPN remote access clients that use IP, IPX, AppleTalk, or NetBEUI."

Just curious if any techie knows anything about this.

Thanks, DeWayne

• How do you connect to the internet? Do you use any proxy?

• @leocg

Connect thru a Zyxel FR1000Z router to Centurylink fiber. and no proxy.

• So I guess enabling that option shouldn't be necessary for Opera's VPN to work.

• @leocg

But the wierd thing is by turning it on, it made opera VPN start working on my computer.

• Maybe some setting on the router that requires it?

• @leocg

Still strange that wife's computer connected via wifi to same router was working fine with it turned off.