Keyboard basic shortcut close tab/window vanished?

• I am using several online services/apps where the keyboard shortcut cmd-w is really helpful. Therefore I did customized Opera keyboard shortcut in the past for: cmd-shift-d. It used to work pretty smoothly.

However now it is not working anymore and when I open Opera preferences > keyboard shortcuts: I can't find the custom basic shortcuts for "close tab". It just disappeared.

Solution tried:

• I made a custom shortcut in Mac Keyboard preferences: it didn't override the cmd-w (it worked in Chrome though).
    • I used Better Touch Tool to indicate that in Opera cmd-w doesn't do anything. But I would like to have a shortcut to close tabs like cmd-shift-d.

Thanks in advance to anywone that could help !

• Hi @sky72

This feature was disabled lately so right now it's only default shortcut left I'm afraid.

Best regards,
    Kornelia Mielczarczyk
    QA Desktop Team

• Thank you @kmielczarczyk for reaching out, it is greatly appreciated. :bulb:

By any chance would the Opera team consider to bring back this function - that was really useful btw - so we can have a more enjoyable customization of Opera ?

Best Continuity,
    Sky

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.