WTF happened to extended lazy session loading ? Opera is now killing my i7-6700K + 8GB RAM

• Hello, I've been using Opera since version 9, and one of the best features for me was the option to have a ton of opened tabs without killing the computer. Thanks to extended lazy tab loading (or whatever it was called in older Opera) I used to have hundreds of tabs opened, but not loaded in memory.

Since a recent version of Opera a few months ago, the experimental flag for extended lazy session loading stopped working and was removed.

I was hoping it was a bug at the beginning, so I just stopped using Opera for a bit and picked up Vivaldi instead. But here we are a while later, and it since the flag is removed, I assume it's intentional.

If I want to use Opera now, my powerful desktop (i7-6700K, 8GB RAM, SSD, AMD RX480) is getting almost unresponsive for 4 complete minutes, while I'm witnessing the RAM usage skyrocketing in the Task Manager, until it's using all of my 8GB.

Is there any hope of this being fixed, or do I have to drop and forget Opera ?

• As already discussed here, the flag is gone as the experiment ended.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.