Having Trouble With PC, Opera Malware?
doublehamm last edited by
i have this problem where opera keeps opening on my computer when i didnt click on any links, and i don't even remember installing it on my pc in the first place. it is called Opera Stable or some shit. when i try to uninstall, it tells me error uninstalling opera, i went into my file manager and deleted it. it looked like it was uninstalled because the search bar wasn't showing any results. but a few minutes later it opened again, it opened but it didn't show up in the search bar. does anyone know what the problem is?
sgunhouse Moderator last edited by
What web page is it opening? Opera itself is not malware, but that doesn't mean some malware may not use it.
As far as Opera goes, you can find out where it is under Help > About Opera. But if some malware is re-installing Opera, then you need to delete the malware first.
gabrieljonathan123 last edited by
This appears to be illegitimate Opera. I do not have any "Opera Stable" on my end. Which means it could be a fake browser, browser hijacker or some form of anti-malware. I would recommend doing a thorough clear of your system and see if that solves the issues. Steps below:
- Restart your PC in “Safe mode with networking.”
- Install and run RKill to kill malicious processes and services (Might have issues with Windows 10, feel free to skip this if it does)
- Check your Programs and features and see if there are any new recently installed programs that you don’t recognize. If there are, remove them.
- Do a full scan with anti-virus software of your choice or use Windows Defender (offline) to clean up initial infections.
- Scan your PC with Hitman Pro, Malwarebytes, and AdwCleaner. Multiple anti-malware solutions will confirm that the threat was removed.
- Clean up your Registry and Cached files with CCleaner
- Restart your PC in normal mode and do an additional scan to confirm that the malware is gone.
These steps should clean up any malicious files from your PC. Additionally, I recommend installing some form of Adblock on your PC just to get rid of ad-spread malware. Good luck!