:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Need to change Google Bar in Speed Dial to Bing

• The search engine in "Speed Dial" (an odd name for a click), is a Google search.

In Settings:
    I changed 'On Startup to' "Open a specific page or set of pages" to bing.com. When I click any "Go to Start Page", it takes me to the Speed Dial page, not assigned bing.com page, and shows Google box, not Bing.

I changed "Search" to 'Bing' as well.

When I open Speed Dial, it shows Google box. Is there a way out from Google box and switch it to Bing Box?

Using the default Theme "Landscape Photo by Tyssul Patel". I'd add a pic, but don't see how.

• You can't change it.

• Start QUOTE: leocg reply

You can't change it.
    End Quote:

Hi leocg and thanks for the response.

Too much information! :)

Does this mean I need to disable "Speed Dial" altogether? I have the Startup page set to Bing, but on Startup, it loads that as first, then defaults to Google Speed Dial. Is Speed Dial part of a Google service?

Sorry - no time to learn new "Markdown" (HTML) Hope the reply to you formats properly.

p.s. Is there a Go-fund for Opera to buy in to updated Forum software?

• Does this mean I need to disable "Speed Dial" altogether?

You can just hide the search box. There is a setting for it in Start Page settings (you need to enable advanced settings to see that one).

I have the Startup page set to Bing, but on Startup, it loads that as first, then defaults to Google Speed Dial.

When you set a start-up page, Opera opens that page when started, together with Start Page/Speed Dial.

Is Speed Dial part of a Google service?

Nope.

Sorry - no time to learn new "Markdown" (HTML) Hope the reply to you formats properly.

You could have used the quote button if this is what you talking about.

Is there a Go-fund for Opera to buy in to updated Forum software?

Nope. And their forum software is updated, it just works in a different way. :-)

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.