:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Problems with Umlauts

• I am using Opera Version 47.0.2631.13 (PGO) under Windows 10 with United States International keyboard. In all applications, in order to generate an Umlaut, I type "Quotation Mark" followed by the vowel in question, resulting in ä, ö, or ü. Doing this in Opera the result is ""ä. ""ö or ""ü. Please fix this. It's very annoying

• It's working fine here. Check your keyboard and language settings.

• My keyboard/language settings are "US International" -- and it does not work. If I hit the Quotation marks key it type two quotation marks"". And If I want to type U Umlaut I get two quotation marks and then U ""U

• If you need umlauts, why not having a German layout as well? I do. ßü!

• I am typing mostly English texts, on a QWERTY keyboard, but also occasionally German and French - and there the United States International keyboard settings seem to be the most convenient.

• I should add that I have the problems I described earlier ONLY with Opera. I have no such problem with any other program

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.