:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Red taskbar icon

• New HP Pavillion 570 desktop, Win 10 home
    Using Opera 44.0.2510.1449. About 3 weeks since I changed machines and reinstalled opera. All was working fine until today when I noticed that the pinned taskbar icon turns bright red after downloading a file. The downloads are good. I have cleared the download button but I cannot restore the icon to normal without restarting Opera. There does not appear to be any difference in operation.

• Red taskbar icon indicates a failed download. The background on the taskbar icon indicates download progress; if it changes to all red then there was an error and the download could not be completed.

Mind you, sometimes I have had downloads complete successfully without Opera knowing they had, so it sits there waiting for more of the file even though there isn't any more.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.