Problem with synchronising

• Can anyone help with this please?
    I've just done an reinstallation of Windows 10 Home with Opera v45 as default browser (of course!)
    The PC has 2 user accounts on it (both Admin rights)
    Each user has their own Opera account which worked fine before I had to reinstall Windows
    Now, one account connects & syncs OK but the other wont even sign in (from Settings:Browser:Synchronization) When I click sign in, the Synchronization icon appears (all grey) and then disappears. The account is accessible via https://sync.opera.com/web/ though
    Any suggestions?

• When I click sign in, the Synchronization icon appears (all grey) and then disappears

This may be normal. Does it say that you are connect?

• No - it looks and behaves as though it won't connect but there's no visual error message. Anyone know if there is a way to see why the connection is failing?

• Don't know why, but try deleting cache and if necessary Opera cookies too.

• No - it looks and behaves as though it won't connect but there's no visual error message

So if you open the menu it doesn't say 'connected as..."?

Anyone know if there is a way to see why the connection is failing?

opera://sync-internals/ may give you a hint.

• I've cleared cache/cookies and re-tried

sync diagnostics confirms that no sync connection has been successful. This is not really surprising. From that Windows account it has never asked for which account to connect to....

• Did you changed the Antivirus?

Try disabling it (in any case) and test.

• I have only just installed Windows and haven't installed AV yet...=:o

• Did you copied / pasted the profile folder or started from scratch?

In any case try a clean profile, steps on FAQ.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.