Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

• built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera does not open links in new tab

• Due to my work I often deal with links containing UTM tags. May the presense of UTMs in the address of the link affect the problem?

• @avl I've also found one interesting peculiarity: when this problem happens to a page (I Command - click on a link and the page in the hew tab is blank), in case I right-click on this same link and select "Open in new tab" in the context menu, the page in new tab loads OK. So I do not think it has to do with memory at all. It's just some bug. Technically nothing interferes with opening a new Tab, but it just does not work properly

• We've found the cause of this issue and hopefully we can release a fix soon. When you have this problem, try doing this as a workaround:

• Enable the Developer menu if you haven't yet (View -> Show Developer Menu)
    • Click Developer -> Task Manager
    • Select "GPU process" and click "End Process"

This should bring back the blank tabs.

• @avl Thank you so much! I hope this issue to be fixed, that would be awesome. Thank you for the workaround suggestion, will ry to use it next time I experience this problem.

• @avl under ,About this Mac' I see ...

MacBook Pro (15-inch, Late 2011)
    2.2 Ghz Intel Core i7
    4 GB 1333 MHz DDR3
    AMD Radeon HD 6700M 512 MB
    Intel HD Graphics 3000 384 MB

Thanks for help! 🙂

• @avl The workaround hint you provided works OK, thank you! Really helps. How will we know when the fix is released? (even with the hint the issue is really annoying)

• @laoshe the next stable update of Opera will include the fix. If you're really curious, http://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/ has full changelogs for every release and will have a post when the next version is released.

• @avl Thank you! will be waiting for the update

• I'm having the same problem (sent email weeks ago). Mac is MBP (2009) 2.8ghz core 2 duo 8MB
    tabs open under existing tab and URL of existing tab stays the same but the page displays content from the original page - not the tab-opened page. clearing cache works for a day or so.

• ain´t sure if my problem is the same.. facebook pages when open in background tabs are very slow to load up, in the same tab they open normal