StartPage web results will not show

• Opera is my preferred browser although I have three others on my desktop PC. StartPage search is my preferred search over Google, Ixquick, Bing, and the many others. About a week ago when I entered a search in StartPage no results would be visible. At the bottom of the page it would say how many pages of results were generated but not a single result is visible. When I go to StartPage on any of my other browsers the results show up normally. Since that time I have gotten ZERO search results from StartPage in Opera.
    I have contacted tech support at StartPage but they have not been able to help as of yet.
    My PC is about 8 years old and has the Vista OS. I have made no changes in extensions in many months and my Opera version is up to date.
    This is a stumper and I wonder whether anyone can explain and help me fix this strange behavior. I also have checked that all the StartPage settings match exactly the settings in the other browsers.

• Try two things:

First, open their page in a private window. If the problem goes away then it is one of your extensions.

If that doesn't work, try renaming your Opera profile folder. It will create a fresh one. If the problem goes away then its a problem with your profile. Copy your bookmarks and such over to the new profile and re-tweak your settings manually.

• My PC is about 8 years old and has the Vista OS

This means that you are using a very old version of Opera and, consequently, a very old version of Chromium since Opera stopped supporting Vista a while ago.

And the older the browser version, more are the chances that pages start showing issues.

Anyway, you can try deleting cookies and cache to see if it helps.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.