How to set up multiple profiles in Opera ?!

• Hi there.

I need to create multiple profiles in Opera to open different websites indipendantly.

Don't tell me "you can open up a private window" cuz I need more than just two independant profiles (:

Cheers!

• You use portable/standalone installations or you create different OS users/accounts. Opera doesn't use/support profiles.

• In the Opera program files directory, right-click on launcher.exe to create a new shortcut and place it on your desktop. Then, on the desktop, rename it what you want. Then, right-click on the shortcut, goto properties and then the "shortcut" tab. On that tab, modify the target to add the --user-data-dir command-line switch.

For example:

"C:\Program Files (X86)\Opera\launcher.exe" "--user-data-dir=C:\Users\yourusername\Opera2"

(I personally have a "My Program Files" folder in "C:\Users\myusername", so I'd use "C:\Users\myusername\My Program Files\Opera2" for example.)

You can create as many shortcuts as you want with each using a different profile folder.

See http://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/#user-data-dir for more info.

• It worked .. million thanks mate!

• Topic closed as solved. If in up until to a month the author needs the thread to be reopened, just report it. briefly explaining the reason.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.