Opera and Installler Crashes Except in Safe Mode

• I am setting up a new Windows 7 machine and the only software I'm having difficulty with is Opera. I tried installing versions from 28-42 but the installer crashed shortly after opening (10-30 seconds). I did get Opera 24 to install but then the browser crashed shortly after opening. I've tried both standalone and traditional installations and neither work. I can install and run any version of Opera if I boot into Windows safe mode but the safe mode install will always crash in normal Windows operation. I have searched for and removed all traces of Opera from Windows including the registry but that has not helped. Out of ideas. Any help appreciated.

• Did you try with both online and offline installers?

• Mostly offline but did try the most recent online and get the same result, appcrash 20 seconds after opening installer.

• Safe mode starts the computer with only Windows-native drivers loaded. For Opera to be stable only in safe mode could be a sign of a 3rd-party hardware or software driver conflicting with Opera once regular operation is initiated and those non-native drivers or software have been loaded, perhaps a graphics/video driver. That would perhaps be more likely if graphics acceleration is enabled.

• For example, my XP crashed often when I ran RealPlayer and Google Chrome together for some time, or even at the same day.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.