change in response to pressed-and-held key

• I recently updated to the latest version of Opera for my MacBook Pro. Now I am no longer able to use a useful Mac feature.

Before: when I press a key on the keyboard and held it, the alt-versions for the character (with diacritics, accents, alternate versions) popped up above the letter.
    Now: when I press/hold a key, that character just repeats until I release the key.

Is there someway to go back to the earlier response to a held key?

Thanks.

Ryssssssss (should be Ryś)

Using Opera 42.0.2393.94
    with Mac OS X 10.10.5

• Hi Ryś (see what I did there? :)), the only thing I can think of right now is the keyboard setting. I get this option when my keyboard is set to ABC - Extended, and like you I use it as well, since I don't know how to spell Wrocław without it.

Does it work in other applications (not Opera)?

• Yes, it continues to work the way it did in non-Opera applications. I am replying to your comment this time through Firefox, and it works. And it worked the way I prefer in Opera before I updated.

Ryś (see?)

• The latest version of Opera does not fix the issue (or seem to offer me a work-around). So I am, with regrets, going to switch to Firefox, at least to read and send email. I say "with regrets", because I have been a steady user of Opera for a long time and it has been the browser of choice that I recommended to others. But without an easy way of selecting alternate characters (I need Polish and French in some replies), this change in Opera is a real deficit.

Ryssssssss

• I solved the problem downloading the Beta version. Hopefully they will fix the issue in the future!

• Thank you for your help, valentinogarosi. The Beta does work on this issue on my Mac! I hope for a regular fix soon, as I would like to return to Opera ad my stanadar browser. Ryś

• I have this exact same problem. Sometimes I have to reply in Spanish and I need accents...

• Now fixed (or at least back to the way it was) with 43.0.2442.52. Thanks Opera!

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.