:tools: Scheduled maintenance

Heads up! Downtime for the Forums, related to the NodeBB upgrade, is planned for Thursday, December 14, starting from 10:00 UTC.
Please make sure to finish all your posts before this time. The downtime should only last for a few minutes.

Default PDF Viewer Is Not Working

• Hello. I've faced with an important problem in Opera, it cannot preview PDF files.

Here as an example, ( http://img02.imgland.net/f1l44Oe.png ) the page I'm trying to open but instead of displaying the pdf it shows a blank square at the middle of it. Adobe Acrobat XI is installed on my computer but I couldn't find any extension on Opera about it, however Chrome PDF Viewer is always enabled.

I'm using Opera 42.0.2393 on Windows 10. How can I fix this problem, I'm tired of downloading every PDF file instead of just viewing it on the browser.

• Adobe Acrobat XI is installed on my computer but I couldn't find any extension on Opera about it

It's a ppapi plugin? If not then it will not work on Chromium based browsers like Opera.

• Adobe Acrobat XI is installed on my computer but I couldn't find any extension on Opera about it

It's a ppapi plugin? If not then it will not work on Chromium based browsers like Opera.

I guess so. It works perfectly on Mozilla but even though I reinstalled it, there is no extension about Adobe Acrobat in Opera.

I just want to preview PDF files in the Opera, doesn't built-in viewer (Chrome PDF Viewer) support that ?

• It works perfectly on Mozilla

Mozilla and Opera, as well as other Chromium based browsers, use different types of plug-ins. So if it works in Firefox then you probably have npapi plug-in installed.

I just want to preview PDF files in the Opera, doesn't built-in viewer (Chrome PDF Viewer) support that ?

It should.

• It works perfectly on Mozilla

Mozilla and Opera, as well as other Chromium based browsers, use different types of plug-ins. So if it works in Firefox then you probably have npapi plug-in installed.

It should.

Thank you for your answers but I'm trying to say that even the default pdf viewer is not working on my browser. It shows an empty box when I try to open a page which contains a pdf file instead of letting me preview it. I'm not asking why Adobe's plugin not working.

• Does it happen with all links to pdf files? Do you have an example link?

• Does it happen with all links to pdf files? Do you have an example link?

Yes, Opera always tries to download them instead of just opening PDFs on itself.

This ( http://img02.imgland.net/OA47wd.png ) is how it supposed to work like. I took it from Firefox, as you can see it can preview it with its default PDF viewer (not Adobe etc.) without a problem instead of downloading it.

But when I try to open the same page with Opera, I'm facing with this ( http://img02.imgland.net/f1l44Oe.png ). It shows me only a blank screen instead of previewing the file.

• I took it from Firefox, as you can see it can preview it with its default PDF viewer (not Adobe etc.) without a problem instead of downloading it.

How is the behavior in Chrome, Vivaldi or some other Chromium based browser?

• From the pics, it looks like either the pdf is loaded directly in an iframe or it's embedded with application/pdf via object or embed. It doesn't look like it's a direct link to a pdf in the address field. The other two should work too, but perhaps they're not for some reason. Any adblocking extensions?

I'd right-click on the the area where it's supposed to load and inspect the element to see the source/markup that's trying to load the pdf.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.