Do more on the web, with a fast and secure browser!

Download Opera browser with:

  • built-in ad blocker
  • battery saver
  • free VPN
Download Opera

Opera Servers Problem?

  • I just checked with wifi turned off through Android settings to force use of mobile network (Verizon). In that case Opera works fine with data savings on. My wifi provider is Wide Open West (WOW). So it looks to me like the problem is IP address related.

  • I turned my router firewall off, then on, which reset my router, and everything returned to normal.

  • Seems to be normal here now, as well. Rebooted wireless router first before testing though. Currently on mini with high, all options enabled. Pages load fast.

  • Yep, confirm. Some sites hosted by Ovh ISP France are blocked in EU zone. Overall loading speed tend to be slower with Opera Max also. Perhaps the Chinese are learning how to push some buttons, either way Opera Browser is Puffin lookalike and to reduce the servers load some changes must be made on backend.

  • Well, Puffin has the same problem with or without Opera Max enabled so it can't be a server side error (proxy dependent). Checking my ISP peer count doesn't reveal any issues.

  • Maybe I should start a new thread on this, but I think it's related to the Opera servers "problem". While testing the newest Opera Beta (41.1.2246.111644) that was released today, I found ad blocking is not working for either stable or beta Opera for Android. I restarted my router, but thaat didn't fix the problem.

  • Everything is working fine at the moment after not working well on data savings and mobile internet for days.

  • Based on meter on menu, data savings is working for stable Opera. I assume it's working for newest beta, although there's no easy way for me to tell if it's actually doing anything (since there's no meter). However, ad blocking is still not working with either stable or beta. Naperville, IL USA

  • Based on something I saw in the forums about IP address ranges, I tried clearing Opera caches through Android settings AND restarting my router. Now adblock works for stable 37.0.2192.105088 and beta 41.1.2246.111644. This also fixed a seemingly unrelated problem with Naked Browser Pro.

  • The problems with Opera Reader mode and Naked Browser Pro came baxk. I got sidetracked and didn't check Opera ad blocker. Clearing caches through Android fixed both problems.I'm beginning to think this has something to do with Opera Max. If the problem comes back, I'll do some Opera Max testing, and may need to post about this in the Opera Max forum.

  • This topic turned into an off-topic mess. If needed please open new topic(s) for (each) different issues.

Log in to reply