What is "the network installer" that make us able to install the x64 version?

• Windows 7 SP1 x64.

I read this blog post (https://www.opera.com/blogs/desktop/2016/12/20-year-edition-opera-42-ships-new-gifts/)

It said:

"The network installer for Opera 64-bit

Update: For some Windows 10 users the conversion process of 32 to 64-bits has led to removing Opera from the list of available browsers to set as system default. In order to fix this issue we temporarily stopped serving 64-bits for Windows till the proper fix is provided.

The new version comes with the network installer for 64-bit builds, which installs the best option for you. In other words, it detects the architecture it’s run on and installs either Opera 64-bit or Opera 32-bit. Moreover, it’s able to upgrade (not to be confused with auto-update) from 32-bit to 64-bit. After the upgrade, the 32-bit version is removed from the system. Don’t worry, it will keep your profile, so you won’t lose any data, and the transition is smooth – you may not even notice it. For those who don’t like it, we left an option to prevent this change."

So, then I tried to install Opera 42 x64 through network installer (so, I must redownload the offline installer from download page).

Then, I checked the running Opera through Process Hacker, it showed still 32-bit version.

What should I do to get the x64 version of Opera 42?
    What is exactly "the network installer"? Is it the offline installer from download page?

• It's the regular installer, the one that downloads the most current build when you run it and then installs it on your computer.

Network installer needs you to be connected to the internet to work.

• leocg,

Where I could download it?
    I run the installer again but there is no option to select x64 version.

• I run the installer again but there is no option to select x64 version.

Because they stopped offering it due to an issue. To install the x64 build for now you need to download the offline installer.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.