Crash on bookmark removal

• Greetings,

not sure if this is the place where I should write about an issue so feel free to move me elsewhere..

Recently I stumbled up on a bug, when trying to delete bookmark the Opera just crashes and restarts..

Cheers,
    Ivan

• What version of Opera and what OS?

What are the steps to try to reproduce the issue?

• Hello,

I also have the same issue with the latest Opera version (OS is Windows 8.1), which is 41. something (I'm at work, can't check it).

I had this issue for about 2 weeks now, I've tried to uninstalling it (deleting the opera folder also) and then reinstalling it, but still has the same issue.

The issue is whenever I try to delete a bookmark, it sometimes (let's say 5 out of 10 times) just freezes for 1-2 seconds, then crashing completely.

• And you are trying to delete from the menu or from the bookmarks manager/page?

• Yes i also have the same issue it happenes when i delete a bookmark from my (bookmark tool bar) 😕

• Same here. Crashes when try to delete directly from inside a folder in the bookmarks bar.

Versão: 42.0.2393.85 - O Opera está actualizado
    Actualizar stream: Stable
    Sistema: Windows 10 64-bit (WoW64)

• Having the same problem since October 2016 and have been sending this to Opera and requesting a response via the 'rate opera' function.
    Given that Opera haven't responded to my request it looks like they don't have a clue and are somewhat incompetent.

• have been sending this to Opera and requesting a response via the 'rate opera' function.

'Rate Opera' is not the correct place to report problems in Opera.

Besides that, they don't respond to reports unless necessary.

• I have been having this issue for quite awhile. Not sure exactly how long, sorry. It only happens when i delete from the bookmarks bar not from Show All Bookmarks. Win 10, Opera Verison 43.0.2442.1144 (PGO)

• Same here. Every time I delete a bookmark, Opera crashes. Hello Chrome.

• same problem. Would love to keep using opera. Is any fix on its way?

• Disable all of your extensions, does it still happen?

Rebuild your Opera profile folder, still happening?

• Disable all of your extensions, does it still happen?
    Rebuild your Opera profile folder, still happening?

It's a bug. I have the same problem in 2 different pc with a clean Opera installation (Windows 10). No extensions enabled.

It happens only when I cancel a bookmark fron the hidden part of the "bookmarks bar", those links appearing under the list after I click >> on the right side of the screen.

• Still present

Opera v46.0.2597.39

• Same problem since the last update... Crash if I want to delete bookmark from the bookmark bar. No problem if I delete from the bookmark menu.

Windows 10 (64)
    Opera 46.0.2597.39 (PGO)

• Exact same issue here.

Version: 46.0.2597.39 (PGO)
    System: Windows 7 64-bit

• Found a Workaround!

Although this bug is still present in version 46.0.2597.46 (PGO)on Windows 10 64-bit,
    deleting bookmarks (in folders) works when you go through menu>bookmarks.
    in that new tab you can browse your favorite sites and delete them without killing opera.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.