Bookmark importer under more tools is grayed out

• How do I enable the bookmark importer so I can import my FireFox bookmarks. I exported them to both a .json and an HTML file and put those in various Opera sub-folders. I have the book marks toolbar enabled.

• You are lucky. My settings folder doesn't even have the bookmark importer under the settings page.

• How do I enable the bookmark importer so I can import my FireFox bookmarks.

Afaik you can't use it to import from other browsers, it only imports your Opera Presto bookmarks.

• You are lucky. My settings folder doesn't even have the bookmark importer under the settings page.

It's on More Tools.

• As a work around, I exported my Firefox bookmarks to hard drive. Then opened Opera and in the URL entered the location of that html file - for me it was {file:///c:/(subdirectory where my bookmark file was located)}. Then made sure it appeared on my "Speed Dial". It might help to edit that bookmark html file with a program like MS Word before opening up Opera - I used my dedicated web-page editor to do that. I also bookmarked that bookmark file so I can always get to it easily.

• As a work around, I exported my Firefox bookmarks to hard drive. Then opened Opera and in the URL entered the location of that html file - for me it was {file:///c:/(subdirectory where my bookmark file was located)}. Then made sure it appeared on my "Speed Dial". It might help to edit that bookmark html file with a program like MS Word before opening up Opera - I used my dedicated web-page editor to do that. I also bookmarked that bookmark file so I can always get to it easily.

Eh, too linux-y. I don't expect to have to do complicated things to accomplish stuff done automatically with modern browsers. There must be a way to do it because the instructions specifically say it can be done.

• Irwin8100's method works, but not well for me. I have many bookmarks accumulated over the years and nicely organized in folders and sub-folders. This method categorizes them by sub-folder, but the sub-folders are in some order that's not immediately obvious - definitely not alphabetical, nor chronological.

• This worked for me, importing 20+ complete folders and several individual Bookmarks:

Pull down menu in upper left
    Click 'Get extensions'
    Search 'Bookmarks Manager' and click 'Install'. This puts a Bookmarks icon in upper right of browser.
    Click 'Import/Backup'
    Choose your Bookmarks html file

• This worked perfectly! I exported my Firefox bookmarks into an html file, then imported them into Opera. It brought over the bookmarks and even the folders.

Thanks!

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.