Opera wants my computer password to manage my passwords but I've never had one

• For some reason all of a sudden when I try to manage passwords I'm being asked for my "computer" password, but since I'm the only user I've never had a password on my computer. How do I fix this? (Nothing showed up in search for this)

• I found the same problem, but you can delete the password entirely without needing anything. Then Opera will offer to save a new password for you for the site when you sign in the next time, if this helps

• My guess is that it asks for the Opera user password, a kind of master-password, not your PC login info.

• Try using your old Opera password.

• This is the message one gets: "To see Opera's stored passwords, please enter your computer password." I just got it. I was trying to actually read a password using the "Show" button while looking at a saved site and password.

• I've just run into this issue myself. I changed my Google password, but Opera wouldn't automatically update it with a successful login, like it used to, so I went to Opera Password manager to manually change it. I was faced with the same message asking for a "computer password", which I entered. No luck. I have a pin # for my current computer with Windows 10, and Opera Password Manager was not accepting it. I tried my Opera Password, and every other password I could think of that I might have used. I finally started using old passwords from my prior computer, which I replaced several months ago. It turns out that my login password from my old laptop was the "correct" answer.

Is there a way to sync Opera to my current computer so things like this don't happen again?

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.