Twitter videos won't play

• I'm sad to say I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Opera to the extent I'm about to give up.

I like the VPN but it's annoying that when I switch it on and off, it resets the Plugin setting to "Click to Play". I now can't play videos on Twitter at all, it simply gives the message "The media could not be played".

I'm also getting regular page crash issues - disabling all extensions seems to make no difference.

I'm using version 0.0.2308.81 on Windows 10, though if these issues can't be resolved I'm switching to Chrome :(

• that's version 40.0.2308.81

• I'm sad to say I'm getting increasingly frustrated with Opera to the extent I'm about to give up.
    I like the VPN but it's annoying that when I switch it on and off, it resets the Plugin setting to "Click to Play". I now can't play videos on Twitter at all, it simply gives the message "The media could not be played".
    I'm also getting regular page crash issues - disabling all extensions seems to make no difference.
    I'm using version 0.0.2308.81 on Windows 10, though if these issues can't be resolved I'm switching to Chrome

I had this problem but I recently updated to 40.0.2308.90 and it seems to fix it. Can you check again?

• I'm on 40.0.2308.90 now, still exactly the same issue. Seems a lot of people are struggling with video in Opera. I've switched to Chrome now, it works fine :/

• Open a tab with opera://media-internals/ while trying to play a video on Twitter then click on the corresponding entry and post its content here.

Looks like your connection to Opera forums was lost, please wait while we try to reconnect.